Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Onward...

Salut everyone,

I am 7 hours into 28 hours of travel/layovers (considering no delays) sitting at Gate number 12 at JFK airport in New York. We took the bus from Philly at about 7:00 this morning. Right now I am waiting for a plane to Istanbul where I will have 6 hours to imagine what Turkey smells like outside of the airport. I have to say it is kind of a tease, Turkey is very high on the list of places to visit.

Well. Philly was a pretty cool place for the few moments I was there. The first night I walked around a bunch by myself because I flew in before a lot of people got here. My adventure amounted to walking 20 blocks and getting food. I was tempted to get the hot dog platter (highly recommended) which was a large hot dog stuffed with cheddar cheese and wrapped in bacon. I opted for the Philly steak wit cheeze whiz and onions. It was amazing.

Philly itself was very interesting. I only got to walk around for a little bit, but it was entertaining for the limited time I had. They had tons of building high murals and of course a plethora of historic buildings that the Northwest lacks. When I got back to the hotel I finally noticed in small print that the Liberty Bell was a mile away from where I was. Little bitter I didn't see that, but I suppose another trip to Philly wouldn't be so bad.

The next day was pretty much one big orientation chalk full of the normal fireworks that are orientations. I met the 63ish people that are traveling with to Moldova. I have not met a soul I didn't think was one of the more genuine people I have met in my life. 90% of the anxiety and stress of traveling was gone after meeting so many people in identical situations. Little do these people know how much of a curmudgeon I will be after 28 hours of travel--classic Jekyll I suppose.

Alright well I suppose that will have to be enough for this post. I'm tired and need to call some lucky souls before I leave the Motherland.

Drum Bun!

Aaron Eisenbarth

No comments:

Post a Comment